- To enroll in Carnegie's Regional Gifted Center, students entering grades K - 4 must apply and take an exam through the Office of Access and Enrollment. In order to be eligible to test for a 5th grade seat, students must score at or above the 60th percentile in both reading and math on the NWEA MAP assessment. Please visit go.cps.edu or call (773) 553-2060 for more information. Students enrolled in the Regional Gifted Center must reside within the city of Chicago. Our address boundaries for busing are 39th Street North - 75th Street South.
The Chicago Board of Education requires satisfactory verification of an attendance area address and parents or court appointed guardian prior to student enrollment at Andrew Carnegie Elementary School.
All ORIGINAL documents are required to be in the parent's or legal guardian's name to verify attendance area residency. These documents include (but are not limited to) those listed below:
TO ESTABLISH PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP, an original birth certificate or original court guardianship document must be presented. In addition, a picture ID (driver's license or state ID) of the parent/guardian enrolling the student is required.
Proof of Residency Documentation Required
TO ESTABLISH LEGAL RESIDENCE IN THE CARNEGIE ATTENDANCE AREA, the parent/guardian must present the original copy of the lease/mortgage and two of the following documents:
- Current utility bills, i.e., gas, light and / or telephone (original) - Not a cell phone
- Pre-printed IRS tax returns forms
- Bank Statements
- Credit card statements
- Renters, homeowners or automobile insurance premium statement
- Cable TC statements (original)
- Illinois Department of Public Aid Card
- MediPlan/Medicaid Card
- Original voter's registration form
Please note that the address may be verified and visited by Carnegie School Security staff and enrollment will be rescinded if fraud is found. Also, all lease agreements must be valid for the current school year.
Proof of Age (Kindergarten enrollees must be 5 on or beforeSeptember 1st)
- Child's original birth certificate
- Child's baptismal record
- Court Documents